Love, Milwaukee is a cross cultural collaboration celebrating Milwaukee’s love of beer and beverage while showing that love extends to the diverse people that make up this city. We are creating the “Milwaukee Loves __” series which is a 6-pack made by a coalition of 6 breweries and 6 social justice organizations meant to raise awareness and bring us together.
This initiative will have 3 stages:
1. Create coalitions through partnering breweries and community organizations
2. Host pop-ups in community centers + brewery events across cultures
3. Beer Releases + Diverse HomeBrew Highlights
- Barley’s Angels + Girls Pint Out + 1840 Brewing – Saturday, July 10 | 12pm-5pm | Sugar Maple, 441 E Lincoln Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Join Milwaukee Girls Pint Out, Barley’s Angels, and 1840 Brewing in collaboration as a part of the Love, Milwaukee project. We’ll be holding a feminine hygiene drive all day! Every item you bring in gets you a vote for which beer should be part of the Love, Milwaukee mixed six-pack!
- Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee + Component Brewing – Saturday, July 10 | 4pm-8pm | 636 S 6th St, Milwaukee, WI
HPGM is crafting a beer in collaboration with Component Brewing and YOU! HPGM is teaming up with Component Brewing as part of the Love, Milwaukee Project – an inclusive, cross-cultural collaboration between brewers and diverse community organizations in Milwaukee. We invite you to join us at Zocalo Food Park to make your voice heard for what flavors you think should be in this brew. The culmination of all Love, Milwaukee kickoff events will result in a six pack of beer; one from each brewery and community organization team that will be soon available for purchase.
- ElevAsian + Gathering Place | Saturday, July 31 | Time TBD | Location TBD
More details coming soon!
- Soul Brew Kombucha + BU Social + Collective Flow + Company Brewing – Saturday, August 13 | Time TBD | Location TBD
More details coming soon!
- LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce + LGBT Community Center + New Barons Brewing – Friday, July 30 | 4pm-8pm | 818 S 2nd St, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Join us for a Milwaukee LGBT Community Center & New Barons Brewing Co-op, pop-up beer garden at Walker’s Pint! As a part of the Love, Milwaukee Project, New Barons & the MKE LGBT Community Center are teaming up to put on this event featuring a beer garden, Lumpia City food truck, and other vendors TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON! New Barons Brewing Beer Available: Behind! (Mexican-Style Lager) & Witches Bit (Belgian Witbier)
They will also be featuring an interactive board that will decide the beer going into the Love, Milwaukee 6-pack!
Please save the date for Friday, October 1 for our end of project celebration. What an exciting inaugural year it has been.
We are working on the details but it will be hosted around the New Baron’s space from approximately 3 PM to 10 PM.