Trixie’s Kiss Mint Chocolate Stout Cupcakes recipe is finally here!Here are the recipes for both the cupcakes & the frosting. Tweet at us about how yours turn out! And upload your pictures to pinterest and instagram! We can’t wait to hear your feedback!
Chocolate Stout CupcakesIngredients:
- 2 1/2 c (313 g) flour
- 2 c (400 g) sugar
- 3/4 c (64 g) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12-ounces Trixie’s Kiss MobCraft’s Mint Chocolate Stout
- 1/2 c (118 ml) milk
- 1/2 c (118 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 3/4 c (177 g) sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two muffin tins with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Guinness, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely incorporated. Mix in the sour cream.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold to combine. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, folding to combine. Divide into the prepared tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Set pans on a wire rack to cool completely before removing the cupcakes from the tins.
Mint Cream Cheese ButtercreamIngredients
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226 grams) unsalted butter, softened (or 1 stick salted & 1 stick unsalted)
- 1 (8-ounce/226 grams) package cream cheese, softened
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon (3.75 to 5 ml) pure mint extract (not peppermint)
- Green food coloring, Kosher certified or natural preferred
- 4½ cups (540 grams) confectioners’ sugar, spooned in cup, leveled off & sifted
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or handheld mixer and large bowl, beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add cream cheese and extracts; beat until fully incorporated. Add desired amount of green food coloring and mix until well blended. Gradually increase mixer speed to high and continue beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of bowl as necessary with rubber spatula.
- Gradually add 4½ cups confectioners’ sugar, beating on low speed (stir), until well combined. Add additional green food coloring as needed for desired color. Beat on high speed until well combined and smooth while scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, about 2 minutes.
- Before filling, frosting, icing and piping cakes, rebeat buttercream to ensure smoothness.